Tuesday, June 1, 2010

iPod Song of the Ride 6/1

While riding I-81 I thought about playing a lot of different playlists I've assembled on my iPod but, when you're sporting well over 12,000 songs the shuffle option is always a fun treat. That's what I did today. While I was blessed with late 90s jams "Bill, Bill, Bills" and "Kryptonite" right off the bat, I also took in the sights while enjoying "Key To The Highway."

iPod Song of the Ride
"Waterfalls" by TLC (1994)
Genre: Pop
From the album CrazySexyCool
Time of Play: 4:13pm

Video after the jump...




The fact is everyone loved this album. Girls loved the songs, guys loved the videos. TLC shed the baggy overalls for tight, short clothing. Still though, TLC liked to teach their fans lessons with their songs and "Waterfalls" was no different. While it may sound like a fun song about waterfalls and chasing dreams, it's not. Oh, you caught the verse about the gangster that gets killed? What about the next verse that's all about HIV? I sang this song when I was in middle school. You can't sing about STDs with your parents in the car at 14. It's not really a "coming to the table for dinner" song either. One other thing to note about TLC, they filed for bankruptcy after this album and while "Waterfalls" did cost around $1 million to make, it wasn't their most expensive video.

Women were all about telling you about sex in song in the 90s...TLC, En Vogue, and oh yeah, this gem...

No comments:

Post a Comment