Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Journey Begins...Today

I have not left yet. It occurred to me days ago that it'd be best to get another oil change before hitting the road. That's not easy to do on a Memorial Day Weekend. So, I woke up at 8am and headed over to Car Sense and get an impromptu oil change. The fact that they could even see me on no notice is amazing, in fact, it may be a sign.

I've decided that the best way to go is to ignore all the "famous" routes and just go the way that's going to take me to my destination quickest. I can't imagine that one empty field on Route 50 looks different than the empty fields on I-81.

It looks like the first part of my drive will take me to Tennessee. My goal would be to get to Music City USA as I used to have a hat that sported such a nickname and it was a great hat. But it's dirty and in such poor shape, I've decided not to pack it with me. I'd like to get another. Is that Googlable? In my head, blue trucker hats that say "Music City USA" are sold at any gas station in Nashville. I'll have you know the last time I was in Nashville, I felt too embarrassed to look touristy and wear my hat...but I carried it with me in my bag...I also brought it to Knoxville because, well it was the same state. I did wear the hat in Knoxville. Go figure.


Speaking of Knoxville, if I can't get to Nashville (which I probably won't) I'm okay with stopping in Knoxville. There's a hot barbecue spot in Knoxville right on the river, the Tennessee River I assume.

Will I make it to Nashville? Probably not until tomorrow. Will I make it Knoxville? I like to think so. Only time will tell and this is the only place you can find out...Come back soon and if you have any tips on where to stop along the way, feel free to drop a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment