Tuesday, June 1, 2010

So I ended up in Blacksburg, VA

Well, I departed on my road trip across America about 12:30 this afternoon. There are so many things that run through a person's head before they leave somewhere for a long time like, "Where's my cell phone charger?" Immediately after loading up the car it began raining which made me think that I should bring my boots just in case it rains like that again. Before I left, I decided it'd be best to bring a companion with me. Now, for the last couple of months I've been riding with Paul Bearer, Freddie Blassie, and Mitch Williams on my dash but this morning Kevin Nash himself hopped in the Cavalier, and in case you were wondering, yes, Wolfpac is most definitely in the house.


I stopped at a Wawa before hitting the turnpike and road food was my mission. What do you eat when you've got hours to drive? Pepperoni and cheese cup, son. I also made a key purchase of David's Sunflower Seeds, I took an empty cup for free.

First, my goal was to get to Nashville but after looking at how long it would take to get there along with how late I left, I thought even getting to Knoxville would be pushing it. It's my mentality not to kill myself with ridiculous hours. I readjusted my destination to Roanoke, VA.

I'm going to miss Philly sports a lot so, I decided that the best move for entertainment would be to listen to 610 WIP until I lost signal and for some reason, there was huge discussion about brutal traffic tickets in Virginia...great.


Taking I-81 south is something I've done many times so it wasn't very interesting. Your million signs for FIREWORKS HERE!, a van with 5 bikes on it's rack, and a couple cars that made me think, "My car is in much better shape than theirs, this should be easy." I lost WIP early into Maryland and immediately went for the iPOD. As I mentioned in this morning's post, I felt an last minute oil change was a sign...Well if that's a good sign, what do you think my reaction was when the first two songs were "Bill, Bills, Bills" by Destiny's Child and "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down? These are just about the hottest songs of '99-'00, I knew everything would be smooth. And it was. The snacks were key and a 20pk of bottled water in the backseat will continue to be a life saver. I didn't have to stop until I got into Virginia with a 1/4 tank of gas. I filled up with gas 1 cent more expensive than it was in PA. Because I was making such good time decided to go past Roanoke and head to Blacksburg which is a little more south and west.




Comfort Inn is my stop for the night. This place advertises an outdoor pool that I may hit up in the morning before checkout. I'm rather lethargic right now after a next door authentic Mexican restaurant trip with BIG beers. Yum-O. Right now the Slingbox is booted up and I'm glued to the Phillies who managed to rain delay their game until I was done with my fajitas and Boston (LOSERS) Lager. I think I'll stop in Nashville in the afternoon but will definitely try to get past it...possibly Memphis. Come back tomorrow and find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment